Wednesday 19 June 2013

I am here the place of my dreams

I am here after all the years of dreaming about the Green Hell of South America. I pushed the bush away and walked to the river edge and stepped into the canoe that would take me down river winding through the lush thick jungle of Venezuela.

My life had been changed a few years back by the five men that had given their lives in this jungle of South America reaching out to men that needed to hear the gospel . As we moved out into the current I once again counted the cost of serving Jesus Christ in the regions beyond.

When the news finally broke that our missionaries had been killed our leaders at that time were asked, "what will you do now?' In life or death God’s Word reminds the same…..”Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel.” Paul Fleming said it so plainly.

“When one is abandoned to the Lord Jesus- not to a cause or program, but simply to the Lord Himself- then to that individual, it matters not whether he be placed in a wheel chair, a hospital bed, a prison cell, in a darkened corner where men never see him, or whether he be set on a pedestal where he may preach Christ before the multitudes. It becomes simply a matter of being a bond slave to the Lord Jesus Christ. Whatever may bring the most glory to Him becomes the consuming passion of his life.”

We the body of Christ must go, that was the last words off the lips of Jesus Christ out Lord, it was true then and it is true today nothing has change, if you love me you will do what I say. And He reminds us with these words, “Why do you call me Lord and do not the things I say?”

People have said we do not have to live but I say if we do live we must go with this good news to the ends of the earth starting right where we find our selves today. As a Christian who do we love most? Start there and God will guide us into many tomorrows to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment